Primary Goods is hiring a Supply Chain Analyst to take on the integral role in managing and guiding our company's entire upstream supply chain! This key player will assist with reporting and analysis in support of our supply chain, work on process and metrics development, and participate in projects that enhance the effectiveness of our Operations team.
But... that's not all! You'll also be constantly assessing our people, processes, and designs to make sure we’re continuously improving our business. Your main focus will be to help reduce lead times, decrease costs, improve quality, and ultimately drive customer satisfaction.
What does an ordinary day look like for this job? There isn't one.
- Work with Operations team on metrics and KPI development, as well as internal and external reporting.
- Propose and execute process improvements to reduce supply chain variability in lead time, costs, and quality.
- Gather data as needed for reporting requirements, which may include data maintenance and data gathering from across various systems and sources, data normalization, data analysis, solution development, and implementation.
- Generate production and quality metrics while providing insight and analysis on trends that can drive better-informed business decisions.
- Work on cross-functional issues and projects with internal stakeholders, such as distribution center operations, partners and vendors (including 3PLs), Operations, Customer Service, Marketing, and Finance teams.
- Evaluate and design processes and tools to support our never-ending efforts to be faster, more consistent, and cost-effective.
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (i.e., slotting events, allocation routing, waste reduction, variation reduction).
- Develop, maintain, and support functional leaders in creating SOPs that incorporate process requirements of stakeholders, driving consistency in manufacturing and an amazing customer experience.
- Equipped with 1–3 years of supply chain, operations, management consulting, or finance analysis experience in a retail, CPG, or e-commerce environment.
- A spreadsheet master with strong analytical and modeling skills, very fluent in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to self-manage and drive multiple large-scale, high-visibility projects.
- A critical thinker who can scrutinize issues in creative ways and ask all the right questions.
- A data-loving, resourceful individual with strong quantitative skills and over-the-top attention to detail.
- A crystal-clear communicator and collaborator.
- An overall positive person with a can-do attitude and a high EQ.
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ANSWERS TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS; APPLICANTS WHO APPLY WITHOUT ANY ANSWERS IN THEIR COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- This role requires strong attention to detail. Tell us why you're the right fit for the job!
- What is the most complex thing you've done in Excel?
- You're currently negotiating the price for a new PO with one of our main suppliers who we've worked with for years. You're asked by your manager to negotiate as hard as possible for the lowest price, but you know that doing so might damage the relationship with the supplier. The supplier will not be inclined to do you any favors if you ask in the future if you damage the relationship; on the other hand, you also have an immediate need to make your manager happy. What would you do?
- Tell us about a time you worked toward an ambitious goal that required focus, hard work and discipline. It can be in any realm of your life, whether professional, academic, personal, etc.
- Why do you want to work at Primary Goods?
- Desired salary.
WHY JOIN US?
- Classy and upscale office with unlimited snacks and drinks.
- Early-stage opportunity at a fast growing rocket ship. Be a part of something big.
- Regular team dinners and fun events: you'll find a strong culture of like-minded people here.
- Unlimited paid vacation time upon approval; Work hard, play hard.
- Performance bonus available every quarter/half for employees that hit goals and exceeds expectations.
- Great career growth opportunity—you’ll have direct access to leadership team 24/7.