Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
As Primary Goods' very first Business Development and Wholesale Accounts Manager, you'll help create, lead and execute our business development and wholesale strategy to bring the joys of sleeping with our uniquely patented and luxurious sheets to even more customers.
You will play a critical and leading role in identifying, prioritizing, communicating, and executing new growth opportunities outside of Primary Goods' traditional direct-to-consumer strategy. Making situations more enjoyable for others comes naturally to you, so you seize every opportunity to elevate the client journey and help our wholesale clients develop lasting relationships with our brand. The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of business development or sales experience, very strong attention to detail, is highly organized, motivated, connected to DTC startup and retail trends, and have a natural knack for leading the full sales cycle (and ultimately closing the deal).
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
- Activate New Wholesale Accounts and Close Orders (80%): Continuously hunt, generate and identify qualified sales leads in focused brand target categories primarily through relationship mining, as well as internal and external networking within the hospitality industry.
- Prospect and call on new partners that fit within the company’s growth plan. Continuously maintain a high level of communication with prospective clients / sales list.
- Most importantly, be able to close on those leads.
- Development of Best Practice Guide & Processes (10%): Since you'll be our first sales hire, you must be able to take the reins in creating Standard Operating Procedures so we can build out scalable processes for future sales hires.
- Internal Reporting & Goal Setting (10%): You will work directly with the CEO and Chief Revenue Officer to set monthly targets. We expect a minimum of five (5) outbound generated new business calls or meetings a week with a goal of uncovering a minimum of five (5) qualified opportunities a month.
- Strong connections in the retail/wholesale space; at least 2-3 years of experience with executing on the full sales cycle for a direct-to-consumer e-commerce or furniture company.
- Innovative thought leader with the ability to see new markets and revenue growth opportunities where others may not.
- Knowledgable about the bedding industry (including about our competitors), and can learn fast on the job.
- Knowledgable about the hospitality industry (i.e. Airbnbs, showrooms, interior designers, etc.).
- Aggressive and patient with a winning attitude; help negotiate win-win deals.
- Ability to drive interest and meetings with prospective clients over the phone.
- Strong track record of demonstrating individual value through relationship building and management at all levels of an organization, brand side preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; can articulate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely.
- Possess a driver's license and willing to travel for client visits/pitches.
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, PLEASE INCLUDE ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS. EMAIL HELLO@PRIMARYGOODS.COM IF THE OPTION TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER IS NOT AVAILABLE. APPLICANTS WHO APPLY WITHOUT SUBMITTING ANY ANSWERS IN THEIR COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Why Primary Goods? What makes us special?
- Why are you the perfect candidate for this position?
- Suppose I'm the owner of a boutique hotel on Airbnb. Pitch me why I should replace the sheets in my bedrooms with Primary Goods' sheets (2-3 sentences).
- Base salary and commission expectations?
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Early-stage opportunity at a fast growing rocket ship. Be a part of something big.
- Flexible working hours.
- Regular team dinners and fun events: you’ll find a strong culture of like-minded people here.
- Performance bonus available every quarter/half for employees that hit goals and exceeds expectations.
- Great career growth opportunity—you’ll have direct access to leadership team 24/7.
About Primary Goods...
Primary Goods (https://primarygoods.com/) is a global e-commerce company focused on sleep and wellness. Primary Goods started with an idea in 2013: we loved the idea of making our beds, but actually having to do it every morning was just a chore. Life is too short for that, so we asked ourselves: what if all you had to do to make your bed was to fluff your duvet covers? We built a solution that enabled our customers to do just that, and launched on Kickstarter.
Within the first day, we blew past more than 5x our goal, and was featured in the Today Show, NPR, BuzzFeed, Forbes, the Washington Post, and many other outlets. Since then, we've grown more than 10x every year, and you'll be an integral part of our journey as we continue to scale and improve how people around the world go to bed... and wake up happier.